In radiology VID Cardio Clinic, offer the following services:
* Conventional radiology (TAC, X-ray, Ultrasonography)
* Ultrasound conventional body, soft tissues obstetric and gynecological. Also transrectal and transvaginal ultrasound.
* Multidetector CT and conventional angiotomografías.
* Virtual Colonoscopy: colonoscopy by CT
* Angiotomografías coronary artery and study of coronary artery calcifications are made (Score de football).
* CT guided interventional procedures.
Clinical Laboratory We have a high level of complexity which underpins, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all healthcare services Clinic, Outpatient, hospital, surgical, Doctors, etc.
The laboratory provides services in the areas of Hematology, Coagulation, Arterial Gases, Microbiology, Microscopy, Parasitology, Clinical Chemistry and Urinalysis.
Our clinic has its own blood bank created and established for self-sufficiency of the Institution. Its primary purpose is to obtain safe and appropriate blood components for patients presenting to our institution.
We have approval by INVIMA to function as a blood bank that meets all the standards required.
The Blood Bank plays a very important role in our task of saving lives depend paper and hundreds of people who voluntarily and altruistically make donations regularly.
|Clinical Laboratory||322 7090 ext. 4159 -4160||From Monday to Friday 6.30 a.m. a 4:30 p.m. Saturdays 7:00 a 11:00 a.m.|
|Blood Bank||(574) 322 7090 Ext. (1) 4387 (1) 4145 (1) 4503||From Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m. Saturdays, Sunday and holidays 8.00 a.m. a 12:00 m.|
Blood is a vital substance which can not be artificially produced their only source of getting ourselves; is and will remain a necessary treatment for certain diseases, trauma, accidents, injuries and surgeries etc..
The voluntary blood donation and repeatedly is the most important for safe blood that gives patients the opportunity to receive a component that meets all requirements of quality factor.Donating blood involves an hour of our time three or four times a year, with which three lives are saved, and, and reward renewing our body blood cells, well-being of helping others.
Blood is a complex fluid that circulates inside the body, through the veins and arteries. Blood cells are white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets, each with different functions and vital for our body.
Blood carries all organs and tissues, oxygen, nutrients, cells and other substances necessary for proper functioning of our body and life support.
For patients who have surgery, for those with severe bleeding from trauma, injuries or accidents and for patients who have bleeding problems, or oxygen transport. In many previous cases blood transfusion is the best treatment or only available to save the patient's life.
Men and women every three months every four months.
Being healthy and have healthy lifestyles, i.e., balanced diet, Regular exercise, no symptoms or signs of illness and safer sex.
* Age between 18 and 65 years old. * There have suffered hepatitis after 10 year old. * Not having consumed liquor in the past 24 hours. *Not been made tattoos, Mesotherapy, piercing, or acupuncture in the past year. * In tener hypoglycemia diabetes. * If you are hypertensive and / or asthmatic these diseases must be controlled.
Do not donate blood if: * You are pregnant * He is gay * Suffer liver, heart, pulmones *Está en tratamiento para el acné o cáncer * It is promiscuous or drug addict. *Have HIV / AIDS, or has or had Hepatitis, Syphilis.
Once the donor gets the blood bank will explain their duties and rights; is given a format opt letting you know, confidentially, if you have any factor or risk behavior which should not donate. If the donor sees no reason to opt out process continues and is given a survey in which you will perform a series of questions to help identify if you have been at risk of getting a disease or whether on the contrary could present unexpected reactions during or after blood donation. This survey will be reviewed by a nurse or bacteriologist which question the donor and resolve all doubts.
After this interrogation, the donor signs the survey and authorizes the Blood Bank to apply the blood to those in need, to perform required tests and notify the competent health authority in case of positive results.
Finally it is made to taking vital signs donor (temperature, blood pressure and pulse), weight and hemoglobin. If all parameters are suitable one accepts the donor and the blood extraction is performed.
Because it is necessary to know well the state of health of the person donates blood to prevent disease transmission. Further, is to avoid donating those with increased risk of adverse events such as dizziness, low blood pressure or bruising ("Purple").
"Remember, the accuracy of the information is a sign of social responsibility. Further, Blood Bank is obliged to verify all data provided by the donor "
Are removed 460 ml, just under a pint, Blood, equivalent to one-tenth (10%) of total body blood.
What are the benefits of blood donation?
* Regular blood donation is a stimulus for the production of new blood cells in the bone marrow; which they have greater capacity to carry oxygen to tissues.
*The regular donation keeps better reservations blood banks, to meet the needs of the community.
* Having processed blood and blood components, to cover unexpected demand for emergencies or tragedies.
* The voluntary, unpaid donation is an act of universal solidarity where we help others get a new lease on life.
* Feel the satisfaction of duty to society.
*Increase the chances of receiving a safe and timely transfusion if we ourselves who we become patients at any given time
Can I know the results of the tests carried him my blood?
Do Not, a rule of Blood Banks this information is only for internal use as it is to protect the patient tests and not diagnosis for the donor.
This is to avoid that people at risk of infection or doubt donate blood for the sole purpose of knowing these results. However, if donors with positive tests, Blood Bank, of obligation, send positive sample Departmental Public Health Laboratory to confirm the case. Once confirmed before the Departmental Public Health Laboratory, Blood Bank will notify the donor and forward it to their respective EPS.
Remember, "NO" donate blood if:
* Intends to use donated blood to be tested for HIV or other diseases, This jeopardizes the lives of others.
* It is bound or somehow compromise to give.
* Intended to lie when answering questions.
* Think receive some economic benefit from donating blood.
* Consider that your blood is not secure and jeopardizes the health of the person receiving.
Donors will be seen Monday through Friday from 8am to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and holidays 8 a.m. a 3 pm. More information on mobile 445 40 00 ext. 4387 oh 4541 the 4503.
It is a fundamental diagnostic test that provides a moving picture of the heart. Ultrasonically, echocardiography provides information on how, the size and strength of heart, motion and wall thickness and operation of its valves.
In the service of pediatric echocardiography diagnostic tests are performed in congenital and acquired highly qualified staff and latest technology heart disease in a friendly ambience and great warmth.
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
Phone dating: (574) 445 23 00
The service adult echocardiography has high technology for noninvasive diagnosis cardiovascular. Practice transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography with exercise stress echocardiography, pharmacological stress echocardiography and intraoperative echocardiography.
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
Phone dating: (574) 445 23 00
The stress test is a test used to evaluate the cardiovascular response to physical activity, which can provide useful diagnostic information, prognosis and management of patients with coronary heart disease or other cardiovascular diseases; further, determines the functional capacity and provides basic information for exercise prescription.
It is a noninvasive diagnostic method that is done exercising on a treadmill or on a bicycle, connected to an electrocardiographic monitor, which allows to observe dynamic changes in the electrocardiogram. In our service the test is done using treadmill.
Phone dating: 445 23 00
Pioneer in the country in tissue processing, created in 1968 a felt need in acquiring human cardiac tissues. In the year 2008 INVIMA certified it in Good Practice for Tissue Banks and Marrow in compliance with resolution 005108 of 2005.
Currently has the appropriate technology to process different cardiovascular tissues of human origin are cryopreserved aortic and pulmonary homograft and animal, patches of bovine pericardium for the surgical management of patients.
Phone: (574) 322 70 90 Exts. 4177 - 4394
The peripheral vascular lab is a support service for the diagnosis of diseases of the peripheral circulatory system which comprises the movement that is not the heart or brain, but that is part of the system.
Tests conducted to assess, not only the function, but artery anatomy, veins and lymphatics in the head, abdomen and upper and lower extremities.
Referral to this service is indicated for the diagnosis of peripheral vascular disease, as well as for screening in patients with cardiovascular disease and monitoring procedures of surgical revascularization or percutaneous, using plethysmography and arterial vascular ultrasound Doppler tool: In recent 4 years there have been more than 8.000 annual studies.
• Types of studies: venous or arterial duplex upper and lower extremities and neck. • Pletismografía arterial. • arterial plethysmography maneuvers of thoracic outlet. • Doppler transcraneano. • Color Doppler aortic, renal arteries, iliac, mesentéricas, inter.
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m. Phone dating: (574) 445 23 00
The VID Cardio Clinic has a highly specialized service electrophysiology. It consists of three specialists in electrophysiology, two of them for the adult patient and one for the patient cardiopediátrico (second in the country with this specialty). All highly qualified and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders and all its complications.
Patients are seen on several fronts:
• Outpatient specialized, the largest volume in the city, social insurance for patients (EPS) and voluntary (Prepaid medicine and Policies). There it is done well, review and reprogramming (in if necessary) devices (pacemaker, etc.) previously implanted.
• Interventional procedures in the hemodynamics laboratory: implant devices such as pacemakers, cardiodesfibriladores, cardiorresincronizadores, all equipped with the latest technology available in the world, as the possibility of remote monitoring, support nuclear magnetic resonance, etc. This allows greater safety and comfort for the patient.
We also have the possibility of implanting monitoring devices arrhythmias medium and long term (Event Monitor), which can last up to three months and implanted subcutaneously (under the skin) or a special monitoring patch, It is allowing greater mobility and tranquility for patients. Additionally it has high-tech equipment (Carto y Ensite) for mapping and ablation of arrhythmias, i.e., detection and treatment of heart rhythm disorders. This treatment can be performed under heat (radiofrequency) or cold (cryoablation), depending on the location of the damage to the heart and the characteristics of each patient, always ensuring greater security and minimizing procedure time and the risk of complications.
Hemodynamics service has 4 angiograms next generation, including a biplane (It works with two tubes rather than one, as usual), allowing shorter exposure time to radiation and the realization of more complex cases.
• Monitoring type holter: It involves placing patches connected to a device that measures the frequency of arrhythmias in patients, up to a month, if necessary. They are played by the team of electrophysiologists, including studies in children.
• tilt table test (Tilt Test): is used to study the changes that occur in blood pressure and heart rate during prolonged standing position. Indicated, fundamentally, for the study of patients with fainting (syncope), with sense of impending faint but present, and the study of other disorders of the autonomic nervous system. permanently monitored by the electrophysiologist doctor.
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
Phone dating: (574) 445 23 00
An electrocardiogram is a simple and quick procedure that records the electrical activity of the heart. It is used to measure the rate and regularity of heartbeats, and the size and position of the atria and ventricles, any damage to the heart and the effects that drugs have on it.