Our service Cardiac Rehabilitation was founded in the year 1985, what makes us pioneers in Colombia. This is an additional form of treatment does not replace the other strategies, as medication or change in lifestyle
Rehabilitation is taught in groups, but in the plan of each patient always take into account your individual needs and specific risk factors. In our Clinic Cardio VID find an interdisciplinary team ready to provide the best support for recovery: Cardiologist, permanent medical programs, physiotherapists specialists Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, psychologist, nutritionist and several specialists of the institution who can advise you regarding the concerns and needs you have.
* Phase I: Hospital care, It is made to one side of the bed with gentle mobilization or in a corridor, the goal is to lose the fear of ambulation; We try to have support by the family to support the patient at home. It is discharged with instructions to the next phase.
* Phase II: It is a supervised outpatient individually prescribed exercise program. For physical training, the patient is assessed by medical rehabilitation in an appointment, then a stress test or walk will be held 6 minutes to determine exercise tolerance. Later an induction for patients and families where doubts are clarified is how the program and explains, in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Service aerobic exercise is performed where according to prescription, gradually increase the duration, frequency, intensity, and types of activity. They are an integral part of phase II, patient education, continuing education, social reintegration into his life and work, and modifying your lifestyle,
* Phase III: It is indefinite. Maintenance individual is unsupervised, using skills learned and instructions. The patient should maintain new habits he has acquired to avoid the appearance of another cardiac event. Once it has established an individual plan, Most patients can exercise without danger, without supervision.
* Patients with stable coronary disease who have not received or unsuitable for invasive treatment.
* Recovering from a myocardial infarction or not intervened who have undergone percutaneous or surgical revascularization.
* Recovering from heart valve surgery.
* People with peripheral arterial disease.
* Patients with cardiomyopathy.
* People diagnosed with dysautonomia.
* Heart transplant.
* People with hypertension.
* Bearers of any cardiac device.
Our service Pulmonary Rehabilitation takes an individualized, multidisciplinary therapeutic intervention. It is intended for patients with moderate or severe chronic respiratory diseases with symptoms and impaired ability to perform activities of daily living.
In training each patient several health professionals involved: pulmonologist doctor, permanent medical programs, Physiotherapist specialist in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, it nutritionist, psychologist and respiratory therapist, inter alia. The goals are to educate the patient's family about disease management, regain their autonomy as an individual within your home, work and society, and physically reconditioning for optimal exercise capacity and improve their quality of life.
The program includes 24 sessions with strengthening exercises and physical reconditioning, designed to measure. All program staff will work with and for you to create an individual plan that meets your needs.
* COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
* Chronic Bronchitis
* Interstitial disease
* Lung Surgery
* Lung Transplant